MAGENTA members gathered for the bi-annual Steering Committee Meeting in Neuchâtel Switzerland (July 20-21) to discuss the progress status of various work packages and tasks. All is advancing well and some preliminary results have been obtained on novel IL-based ferrolfuids synthesis, mockup cells, numerical simulations, etc.
Selected results from the first 6 months of MAGENTA are (or will be) presented at:
- NANOMATÉRIAUX : MICROSTRUCTURE ET PROPRIÉTÉS (TRAMP-2017), Hammamet, Tunisia, Mar 22nd – 24th, 2017 (by partners CEA & CNR)
- 36th International Conference on Thermoelectrics, Pasadena, CA, USA, July 31st– Aug 3rd, 2017 (HESSO)
- 15th European Conference on Thermoelectrocs, Padua, Italy, Sep 25th – Sep 27th, 2017 (HESSO and CEA)
- Colloids and Complex fluids for Energies – Systems understanding: from preparation to process design (C2E), Rueil-Malmaison, France, Dec 4th – 6th, 2017 (CEA)
- 4th International Conference on Nanoscience, Nanotechnology and Nanobiotechnology (3Nano), Paris, France, Dec 10th -14th, 2017 (CNRS, CEA, CNR & NCSRD)
Additionally, we are happy to announce that MAGENTA and its members are organizing following conferences/workshops in 2017.
- “Modern Aspects of the Combined Applications of Heat-Electricity-Mechanics” Milan (Istituto Lombardo Accademia di Scienze e Lettere) Italy, Oct 26th, 2017 (Organzer: A. Varmalov (CNR)) http://www.istitutolombardo.it
- 3Nano: 4th International Conference on Nanoscience, Nanotechnology and Nanobiotechnology, Paris, France, Dec 10th -14th, 2017 (Conference chair: R. Perzynski CNRS) http://www.3nano2017.net/
Lastly, during the Steering Committee Meeting, we were interviewed by a local TV station in Neuchâtel, Canal Alpha. The segment on MAGENTA “Transformer la chaleur en électricité” aired in August 2017, can be found “here” (http://www.canalalpha.ch/actu/magenta-transformer-la-chaleur-en-electricite/)